Bequests - Gifts from your Will or Trust
The lasting impact of bequests - both large and small - has helped make the Upstate College of Medicine what it is today. For many alumni and friends, a charitable bequest is the easiest and best way to make a gift to the College. By means of your will or trust, you can name Upstate Medical Alumni Foundation as the beneficiary of a portion of your estate, or of particular assets in your estate. Please note that our legal name is Syracuse Health Science Medical Alumni Foundation.
How it works:
- Include a bequest to the Upstate Medical Alumni Foundation in your will or trust (view sample language here)
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the residue of your estate or trust
- Please be sure to tell us about your gift so we can thank you and ensure we use your gift as you intended
Benefits to you:
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime
- You can modify your bequest to address changing circumstances
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose
- Under current tax law there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequest
The Legacy Society
Alumni and friends of the College of Medicine who have named the Upstate Medical Alumni Foundation in their will or included the Medical Alumni Foundation in their estate plans will be welcomed as members of our Legacy Society.
To learn more, contact us.
The Upstate Medical Alumni office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Our Executive Director, Paul E. Norcross can be reached at (315) 464-4362 or firstname.lastname@example.org and our Associate Director, Lori A. Murphy can be reached at (315) 464-4359 or murphyL@upstate.edu. You can also fill out the short form below with your contact information and we'd be happy to contact you.